Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!


My walk today takes us back to 2004. It was a couple of days after Christmas, and my brother had just been diagnosed with a terminal disease. After numerous tests to determine if the results were correct, the doctor gave him the news....the tests were conclusive. I remember I started praying that very moment while we were talking.......

"God....you are the great physician and you can perform miracles.
Please perform one now and heal Chris and make him new again in YOU! Show him your love and give him a peace that passes all understanding about all that is to come. Bring him closer to You, Father. Let him experience firsthand, your miraculous, healing power. Lord, I pray that Chris will come to know you as his personal Savior, and if this path you are having him walk is what it will take to bring him closer to you, we will be there every step of the way, holding his hand. I pray this all in your precious name...AMEN!"


Well, upon hearing this, we packed up in an hour and headed to TX. Chris didn't know we were coming and I couldn't BELIEVE we were going. Especially on that short of notice, but when family needs you.....YOU JUST GO!!!

It was a "sudden surprise attack" that only my sister Barbara (in the purple) knew about. We didn't tell anyone, except Skippy's boss. While we were there, Chris took us all out for breakfast at DENNY'S! Oh, I just LOVE that restaurant! :> )

Our visit just seemed way to short, as visits with family usually do, but we had such a good time and did lots of things while we were there. We even drove to San Antonio and went to the Alamo and The River Walk. We took a nice relaxing ride on the gondola type boats there. It was funny....our driver (is that what you call them?) even sang for us. It was a BEAUTIFUL! Everything was still decorated with Christmas lights.

I will never forget our trip and all the memories that were made. But what I won't forget MOST OF ALL, is the phone call we got a month later. My brother called me crying. He said that a MIRACLE had happened. He said they were running tests again and said that apparently, the first tests that were done were WRONG!! "What, Chris? What are you saying?" He said, "THE TESTS WERE WRONG..........I AM FINE! I AM GOING TO LIVE TO BE AN OLD MAN! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!"

PRAISE THE LORD! GOD, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

A year later, my brother gave his life to Christ and last year was even baptized! WAY TO GO, GOD!!!


6 comments:

  1. Laura! Thanks for sharing this!
    Your brother was blessed!
    God is so amazing!
    With God all is possible!
    I wish you a wonderful day!

    Blessings and Hugs!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Laura --- I'm cold as I sit here in my office, but that is NOT why I have goosebumps!

    What an awesome post!!! Thank you so much for going on my walk with me today and sharing such a wonderful memory with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was getting ready to go to bed but decided to stay up a little longer and read all the Memory Lane posts. Now I'm really glad I did. This is such a great way to end the evening. Thanks for sharing. God is so awesome and definitely is still in the healing business!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- what an amazing post!!! Thank you so much for sharing. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a story filled with blessings on so many levels! You bring tears to my eyes, shivers up my spine and warmth to my heart to see how many ways the Lord was working in your brother's life. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!