Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Angel Biscuits

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
John 6:51

I found this recipe for Angel Biscuits on Paula's blog. I LOOOOOVE butter milk biscuits hot, straight from the oven. When I saw this recipe, I just had to snag it. I think I am going to make these toNIGHT!

I am a VISUAL person and I like to see how things are supposed to look. If we go to a restaurant and there are no pictures on the menu, I'm LOST! I have to look around and see what everyone else is eating and then ask the waitress, "What are they having? It looks reeeeaallly good!"

Paula did not have a picture of her biscuits on her blog so I found a picture of what I'm SURE they look like after she takes them out of the oven. :> )

To make Paula's Angel Biscuits, you will need:

1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
5 cups all-purpose flour (about 22 1/2 ounces)
1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
Cooking spray 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl, and let stand for 5 minutes.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 450°.

Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface; knead lightly 5 times. Roll dough to a 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush the melted butter over the biscuit tops. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden.

Thank you, Paula, for sharing your recipe with us!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to give this a whirl. My biscuits never come out great. I can cook most anything well, but my biscuits are always flat. They taste good enough but they don't look like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you like the recipe Laura! They are easy to make and delicious! I hope they turn out well for you.
    Hugs, Paula

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!