Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Meet My Bible

I would like you to meet my Bible..................................

How old is your Bible? My Bible is 28 years old.

Why did you chose this Bible? It was a gift.

Do you highlight/mark passages in your Bible? Yes, I do highlight/mark in my Bible.

If so, what is your system for marking passages?
I highlight each passage I have read or highlight passages that I feel have touched my heart in some way. It is my goal to have my entire Bible highlighted.

Do you have notebooks to record things? No, I don't. Our pastor provides us with an outline of his sermon so I use that or paper I bring with me.

Where is your favorite spot to read your Bible?
Outside on my front porch when the weather permits.

Are there any special thoughts about your Bible you want to share?
My Bible was a gift from my sisters, Barbara, Victoria, and Cathy when I was 17. It is all the more precious to me now because our sister Victoria has passed away.


At that point in my life, I was going to become a Salvation Army officer but then realized that it was not God's calling for me, but everyone else's. I knew that there were other ways that I could serve our Heavenly Father.


I know that everything in our lives happens for a reason. Looking back now, I realize it was God's calling for me to become a wife to my DH and a mother to my three beautiful children. He knew that later on I would need to stay home full-time with Kiddo. Had I been an officer at this point in my life, I would not have been able to homeschool.

GOD IS GOOD...............ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Laura,

    thanks for sharing your Precious Bible with us!!!

    You're right, God makes us understand His callings for us!
    He's amazing!

    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. That He is, Manuela....that He is! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Bible is probably about 18 years old, but still in GREAT condition because I have kept it in a zippered Bible Cover thing all these years. It is full of highlights, notes and markings.... still has silly things that I wrote in the back as a teenager, but I love it that way! Wouldn't change a thing. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GREAT and I'm going to do this too. I'm glad you enjoyed the "Who's on First" thingy - now did you see the Loafing skit below that one? SOOO FUNNY! Yupp it's Ab & Cost too. :)
    God bless you ... glad you READ it too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Bible is 12 years old. Yes, I mark my Bible. My hubby teases and tells me it looks like a coloring book. I use symbols and highlighting, a combination of Kay Arthur's method and my own. I do have notes, too.

    Great post.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,
    Thanks for stopping by! I'll check that blog freebie out ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laura,
    I am so glad you have Kiddo, and that Kiddo has YOU!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a small Bible (My First one ) it was given to me by a friend , It is about 27 years old. Pages are missing now so it is put up.
    Then a friend gave me My Pink NIV Bible engraved with my name on it back in August 13, 1991 (18 years old)It has things written in front of the bible, and marked in pencil all through out it.I keep this one by my chair.
    Jeff and Jacob gave me a new one this years B-Day :)I take this one to church :)
    So I use 2 of my 3 bibles :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. L, Im introducing my Bible to you over at My Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your post! Looks like a Thompson Chain Reference. I used one for almost a decade. Now even the large print Thompson is too small for my eyes.

    Very cool gift - from your sisters and from our Heavenly Father!

    love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!