Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Christian Jack-O-Lantern

The Christian
Jack-O-Lantern

I am a Jack O' Lantern
My light will shine so bright
For I am a Christian pumpkin
My symbols tell what's right.

My nose is like the cross
on which our Savior died
To set us free from sin
We need no longer hide.

My mouth is like a fish
The whole wide world to show
That Christians live in this house
And love their Savior so!

The story starts at Christmas
My eyes are like the star
That shone on Baby Jesus
And wise men saw from far

My color it is orange
Just like the big bright sun
That rose on Easter Day
Along with God's own Son.

And so on Halloween
Let's set our pumpkins out
And tell the trick or treaters
What God's love is all about!

Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Great Laura! We need more of these positive poems to stamp out the dark side this time of year. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a great thing to share. Fall is a fantastic time to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and to share Him with others.

    The scenery alone shouts "Glory to God in the Highest..."

    I've missed you too. I sure loved visiting bloggers all summer long, but now I just have so much less time.

    I still like my job and am seeking a permanent position. I have applied for 3 or 4 and have only heard from one.

    Have a great fall and enjoy God's goodness.

    Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I love this one. I have seen this one before. I just love it. Keep em coming. have a safe weekend.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!