Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Simplifying?

(PLEASE PAUSE THE PLAYLIST ON MY SIDEBAR BEFORE VIEWING VIDEOS!)

For awhile now, I have been trying to go through our house and get rid of things we no longer need/use/want, or things that we just simply don't have room for anymore. We still have some big things that belonged to Mom that I have struggled with getting rid of, but I am now in the "OPEN THE DOOR, IT'S GOING OUT!" mode.

I was talking to my friend the other day, and she was telling me that she found a house that both her and her husband fell in love with. She said it is BIG, which is wonderful since they are in a small house right now. However, she said that she has a lot of stuff but not enough to fill up this new house. "Don't worry about it. It will look like you have "SIMPLIFIED" your life!" I said. I told her that now I know how to make it look like I have gotten rid of a ton of stuff in my life........"I JUST NEED TO BUY A BIGGER HOUSE!" lol

Well, that got me thinking. Now that the girls are married and gone, and it is now just the three of us......do we really need a 5 bedroom home? Do we really need all this? Does all this "stuff" make my life any easier? That much more meaningful? Are my kids going to want all these treasures "stuff" when I'm gone? HA! I don't think so, Tim!

I was trying to figure out, if we did buy another house.....just how much room we would actually need. So, I decided to do a little "surfing" to see what kind of small houses were out there. I came across a site called Tumbleweed Houses. I can't believe that someone could actually live in such small spaces, but they are, and they are LOVING IT!

I found a couple of video tours that I thought you might be interested in seeing. I was AMAZED...and INSPIRED to downsize as much as I can.

ENJOY!



This one is COOL!



ROFLOL!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that is TINY!! My house is merely 1,200 sq. feet, want to trade? :o) I've always wanted a decent sized house out in the middle of the plains, sigh. But I have to remind myself that there are people living in BOXES! :( So I am blessed indeed!

    P.S. Who knows, maybe you need the extra rooms for grandkids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura!
    It sounds wonderful!!! This movie is perfect to relax near to the fire when outside is cold!
    Maybe with a cup of hot chocolate...perfect!

    I wish you a wonderful day, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo - thanks for the ideas about diff lasagne recipes - I'm checking with me hubby about the chicken alfredo one. :) He HATES tomato based much of anything.
    :)
    God bless and enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend, How are you? Wow those are tiny places. Lol. We need a bit more space. We have a family of 6 full time and part time if that 7. So we are all cramped in a 3 bed room house thankfully we have 2 full baths and one 1/2. Lol. I have been doing that same here well before I was down sick this last week.

    I am merely pulling out the weeds and pitching them. Lol. I am doing this for room but also because we are planning a move here in the next year or so. We have been talking and searching so I want to be ready for the time when it comes. I dont want to lag everything.

    Well I hope all is well with you, I am off to finish few things. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. McG and I live in a 607 sq ft shoebox. The welcome sign on our front porch reads...

    The Colleys
    Limit 3

    The best part is that shoeboxes are cheap. Only 3 more payments, this teensy little shoebox will be all ours!!!

    It's quite surprising how little space you actually need. Just make sure you always put stuff away, there sure ain't anywhere to hide anything...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!