Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

❤

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scallopped Vadalia Onions


This recipe is AWESOME!! It is so easy and so DELICIOUS! I love onions, so when I saw this side dish, I just HAD to make them.

For this recipe, you will need:

6 large Vadalia onions, thinly sliced
8 tbsp. (1 stick) of butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 cup milk
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
melted butter for topping - about 2 tbsp.

Sauté onion slices in 4 tbsp. butter. Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a separate pan; stir in flour & seasonings and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and mixture thickens.

In a 1-quart baking dish, alternate layers of onions and sauce. Sprinkle top with crumbs and drizzle with melted butter.

Bake at 400° until browned - about 15-20 minutes.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!

    I am still not sure if I will be close to where you live the first week in November. I don't know that area very well.
    Email me @: aperdue7@comcast.net
    We will be at skyland lodge (not sure what building) from Monday evening through Friday. I have reservations at the Hamner Theater in Afton on Thursday evening for a benefit. Other than that....we will be playing and spending time with our Heavenly Father on the mountain.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!