Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Carving 2009

Yesterday, Goose and Kiddo went to the pumpkin patch and got their pumpkins and last night they carved them. I wish I had found this prayer BEFORE we carved them.

During this Halloween time of scary ghosts, witches, gobblins, and scary stories, why not tell your little ones about our Heavenly Father instead!!






"Pumpkin Prayer"

{cut off top of pumpkin}
Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you.



















{remove innards}
Remove the things in my life that don’t please you.















Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.



















{cut open eyes}
Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me.




















{cut out nose}
I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the
good food you provide.















{cut out mouth}
Let everything I say please You.


















{light the candle}
Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. Amen

By: Liz Curtis Higgs


3 comments:

  1. Hello Laura,

    Your new blog is lovely! I especially like this brown dotted background. I do miss the lovely photo you had just earlier as your header...not to say this header is not lovely...i just really liked that one you had taken.

    The fun thing of a three column blog is that you can display so many little items...I like that. I recently changed to a two column blog to try and get my self less focused on my blog; I wanted it simpler so that I would not think about what I would like to add to it so much...does that make any sense?

    I see the cute little green shelf in the background of the top photo here, where you took the photo of your delicious looking pumpkin cake. That little shelve makes your cake look like the photo was from a magazine.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. With this I have, we are forgoing school tomorrow, and Jacob will be carving his pumpkin.
    The regular school here has day off for kids so it is really no biggie any ways.
    Hey how come your blog archives is at the bottom of your blog lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did this last year and it was neat. I wish I would have took some pics. You guys did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!