Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Crunch

My sister Barbara, made me this recipe about 2 years ago and I was HOOKED!! If you like pumpkin, this is an AWESOMELY (is that a word? lol) DELICIOUS dessert. Well, you could eat it any time you want really. I have eaten for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee........WOW! Now THAT'S the breakfast of CHAMPIONS!!

For this recipe, you will need:

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
4 eggs
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 lb. melted butter
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix first 8 ingredients together and pour into greased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle 1 box yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture, then 1 cup chopped walnuts over cake mix. Then drizzle 2 blocks (1/2 pound) melted butter (cooled) evenly over nuts and cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Serve as is with pumpkin on bottom and cake on top.

ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Laura,

    This DOES look DELICIOUS! I will have to make it!
    Did you take this photo? It is lovely.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that's it....I'm making this one RIGHT NOW!!! Preheating oven as we speak!! Thanks for sharing and thanks to your sister too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, it's in the oven now....I used brown sugar and added 1/8 tsp ground cloves, made a homemade yellow cake mix, added vanilla to the butter (since it's usually in a yellow cake mix) and made 2 8" square pans instead of a 9 x 13. I'll let you know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ladies~

    Yes, Hope, this is a picture of I took. I didn't have the flash on though so it's a little darker than it should be, but it still looks GOOOOOOD! lol

    Sally....did I hear you say that you make your own cake mix? (she says while running to get a paper and pen to jot down recipe!) I love making homemade things. It just does something to me heart!

    Please let me know how your pumpkin crunc turns out, ladies! :> )

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing!! I think I will be adding this post to my recipe list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohhh, sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try this.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! We've experimented with two similar recipes for the past week and your recipe sounds yummier, we're using yours next time!! =)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!