Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!


My walk today takes us back 34 years to 1975. I was a Sunbeam in The Salvation Army and every year the had a rally for all the Sunbeams in the division. At each rally, they would have a certain theme and you would have to make something depicting that theme. I can not remember what it was exactly for that year, but it had something to do with making your dreams come true.

My mom and her best friend, Arlene, would spend days making the costumes each year for this rally. This particular year, mom made this dress with nothing but crepe paper in less than 24 hours. WOW! Can you believe that? It was truly AMAZING! I remember so vividly them trying to get the sparkles out of my hair. Perhaps it would have been a lot EASIER, had they not GLUED THEM IN!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah....BTW.......WE WON FIRST PLACE! :> )

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you were such a doll. I love this picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now wait a second.... that's Crepe Paper? HOW ON EARTH?

    It's beautiful!!!

    Thanks for joining me on my walk today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I can't believe that dress was made out of crepe paper! That's amazing. She did a great job. You looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura! I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!
    Great picture, great creativity!!
    WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat! I am very impressed by your mother’s talent!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!