Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quilts For Kids #2

Here is finished quilt #2 for Quilts For Kids. When I started making these, I thought I would just make a couple, but I have to say, I don't think I will be able to STOP! lol I told Skippy the other day that I will continue to do make these quilts for as long as I can.

I am soooo excited that the Women's Ministry at our church will be hosting a "Quilting Bee" on May 1st to participate in this challenge as well. PRAISE THE LORD that we already have 8 women signed up to participate.

Before I mail the quilt out, I write a little note and I ((((HUG)))) it tight and pray over it. Then I pray for the precious one who will be getting it, and then for their family and the doctors. I can not describe in words the feeling that comes over me when I do this. GOD BLESS THEM ALL!

My heart goes out to all of these little darlings that will be receiving the quilts. May God give these families peace and comfort during their illness!


11 comments:

  1. I love it!! I want to make more, too, but I need to get some other projects finished first and then I will be asking for another kit. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy~

    My friend ordered a kit too, and she cant even sew! lol She brought it over last night and said, "Will you do this for me?" lol

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rofl one more week on dress challenge if anyone else joins in lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Hope your day is going well?
    Love the quilt and what a lovely idea!
    Blessngs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...this is gorgeous!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura: That is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt. Love the color choices and your striped border.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, ladies! Kat, I didn't choose the colors for the quilt, they came in the quilt kit.

    I so enjoy making these! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a brilliant idea I wish there was a scheme like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome! I'm going to have to read the #1 post so I can learn how you found out about this. As a mom to an autistic son (asperger's) I really appreciate the time, love and prayer you put into these quilts.


    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so beautiful. How sweet that you hug it.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!