Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Homemade BBQ Sauce


My family LOVES Chicken Wing Appy, a recipe I got from my sister Dawn, I beleive. The last time I made this, I needed BBQ sauce to go with it. I couldn't find the recipe I normally use, so I needed to find another one, so I looked in our church cookbook that Skippy bought me, and I found this one. I know....Ain't He Sweet?

The recipe I used, was submitted by our friend, Frances. She is an AMAZING cook, so I knew it HAD to be good. Frances did not disappoint me. It was WONDERFUL!

I did, however, wind up making two changes in the recipe. The first one was out of necessity, I didn't have any lemon juice and the second was out of sheer STUPIDITY! I thought I grabbed the bottle of soy sauce, but I actually grabbed the Worcestershire sauce. Thankfully, I realized it after I had only added 1 tsp. Even with those two changes, it was still DELICIOUS!

For this recipe you will need:

* 2 tbsp butter
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 tbsp vinegar
* 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tsp mustard
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
* 1 cup ketchup
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 2 tbsp brown sugar

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Cook onions until lightly brown. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Use with your favorite meat.

Thank you, Frances, for this DELICIOUS and EASY recipe!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! sounds yummy!
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good! I'm going to print it out and put it with my recipes. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to pass this one on to my husband, he's the barbecue fan in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,

    Since my hubby is a huge fan of chicken wings, I have passed this along to him. Perhaps maybe he will make some for all of us. I'll let you know how it goes.

    Make sure you stop by my blog for a chance to enter in both book giveaways as one ends tomorrow.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks yummy AND easy to make! Printing it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a timely post! I just told my hubby it was time to put up some bbq sauce for the summer months.

    Thanks,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!