Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gardening Tip

My friend, G., gave me this really *COOL* gardening tip yesterday. She was telling me about a friend of hers that had a ton of indoor plants that she was responsible to water, so instead of lugging around containers, and to prevent the water from leaking out of the pots, she would put ice cubes around the bottom of the plant, letting it melt, which in turn, would water the plants. How I never know about this little trick before is beyond me!

Well, yesterday when I got back, I realized that I had forgotten to water my pansies in my flower boxes on the front porch. I tried watering them with the watering can first, but since the boxes are a little tilted and my soil was bone dry, it just kept running way from the plants. This is when I had my "AHA" moment. So, I ran back inside, filled a small pitcher with ice, then went back out and put some around my plants. It was so warm out yesterday, that within minutes, my dry pansies were well watered from the melting cubes.

I thought this was such a great tip, I just HAD to share it with you.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, thought I would pop in to see how you are, I never know when your online any more so to free up space we took off yahoo, and it will be staying off, I wont be downloading it any more on the computer.
    I feel at times you just dont want to chat any more with me, but thats ok.
    Better get, need to get things done for in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Renee....that couldn't be any farther from the truth! I love chatting with you. You are precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gardening tip! I'm forever forgetting to water the plants so this will come in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea!
    Thanks for sharing it. I'll have to give it a try.
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning My Friend!

    Want to come to my house and plant a garden? lol I so kill everything I try to grow!
    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That ice cube idea is cool! Get it? Cool? Heheh...

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!