Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Finger Lickin' Good Cake

Mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm! The name says it all! Actually, this cake has two names; "Finger Lickin' Good Cake" and Barbara Mandrell's "Pig-Lickin' Cake" so whichever name you prefer, use that one! :> )

You won't want to leave anything on your fingers or your plate! This has got to be my all-time favorite cake. I made this for myself for my birthday not to long ago! :> ) NOM, NOM, NOM!

Don't be surprised if you don't have any of this left after it's cut. This is a wonderful spring/summer cake that is nice and light and oh-so moist!

For this recipe you will need:

Cake
1 pkg yellow cake mix
11 oz can mandarin oranges undrained (15 oz can works too)
1 stick butter melted
¼ C vegetable oil
4 lg eggs
juice drained from 8 oz can crushed pineapple (reserved from crushed pineapple used for frosting)

Frosting
12 oz cool whip thawed
3.4 oz pistachio instant pudding mix
8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
1 - 1/1/2 cups shredded coconut

PREHEAT oven to 350; grease and flour pan. Mix all cake ingredients except pineapple juice. About 3 minutes on medium, oranges should be broken up. Pour into 2 - 9” round cake pans. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over and drizzle with reserved pineapple juice. Then combine frosting ingredients until well combined and pudding mix has dissolved. Frost cake after it has completely cooled.

ENJOY!


9 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    Wow-this cake sure looks delicious and I will look forward to trying the recipe! Thank you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Monday!
    Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. I have to put mandarin oranges on my list and pineapple. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite cake recipe too. I once had two friends "fighting" over the last piece at a church dinner. It is so easy and SO GOOD! Can't have cake right now while I try to get this vertigo issue resolved...but when I can have sugar again, it will be at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember making that years ago. I think we called it 'pig' cake? Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I opened my, your cake was staring me in the face, just daring me to make one...

    I wrote the recipe down. LOL! email

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great. Hope you guys stay warm, tonight. The temps have already dropped here and it is pretty chilly.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness yum! That sounds so nom-alicious. I'll have to try that. My husband will thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this yummy-looking recipe. I prefer to lick my fingers than a pig, thank you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me with the coconut. I LOVE coconut and can not resist it!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!