Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Homemade Pizza


Fridays, are our dinner nights with Goose and Tang. Last night I made homemade pizza. We had a stuffed cheese crust deep dish and a pepperoni. I made the dough for the crust with 1/2 unbleached flour and 1/2 whole wheat. It was requested that next time, I only use unbleached flour, leave out the wheat, and add some extra seasonings to the crust like I normally do. We were just not used to that flavor in our crust. Aside from the wheat taste, it is a very good crust. To make 2 deep dish and one pepperoni pizza, I made 2 batches of dough.

For this recipe you will need:

3/4 tablespoon yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons oil
4 cups flour

In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water (I add a pinch of sugar) and allow to set until it begins to foam, about 5 minutes.


Stir in salt, oil and half of flour.

Gradually add remaining flour, mixing well.

Knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.

Place in greased bowl and let rise until double (1/2-1 hour) Punch down and let rise again until double. Punch down and divide.

I made stuffed crust, which took six (6) pieces of string cheese. When laying out dough, push it up the sides of your pan about an inch. I used my cast iron skillet and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! Lay cheese sticks end touching all the way around.

Pull dough up and over cheese stick, gently pressing the dough to the bottom, sealing around the cheese.

Top with your favorite sauce.....

and your favorite meats, cheeses, and other toppings as desired.


ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. Yum, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    This was easier than I thought. It really looks simple enough to make. I tried home made bread once and even though it took all day, it was worth it when you tasted something that came from your hands instead of a package.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I will be at your house next Friday for dinner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Renee, oh, it was. Even though it was wheat! lol

    @Kat, it really is easy. I love homemade so much better than store bought. And you are right, it is soooo worth it!

    @JBR, you are welcome anytime, my friend! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome. I'm going to try your recipe, thank you. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!