Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, April 5, 2010

I Will Carry You

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be!"
Psalm 139:16

This song was written by the wife of the musical group "Selah"s lead singer.... while pregnant with their fourth daughter. It was written as a love letter, a song, to Audrey, the precious daughter living inside her. Titled “I Will Carry You,” Angie wrote it as a way to tell Audrey about experiences she longed to have with her, but knew the two would never share. Their precious little one was loved, hugged, kissed, and held for about two-and-a-half hours before she peacefully left the arms of her mother and into the arms of our Heavenly Father. Her parents, sisters, and many relatives were all there to see her beautiful face.

What a beautiful testimony to the truth that our God has a plan for EACH LIFE, no matter how short it may be. We are all in His hands!



"I WILL CARRY YOU"

There were photographs I wanted to take
Things I wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this?

People say that I am brave but I'm not
Truth is I'm barely hanging on
But there's a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this

I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And I will praise the One Who's chosen me
To carry you

Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But I know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says ......

I've shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?

I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And I will praise the One Who's chosen me
To carry you


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!"
Romans 15:13


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful song. Selah is one of my favorite groups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heart-rending song! Just going to get some tissues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sad and how sweet. I think his sister lost her son around the same time this baby died. I admire that they serve the Lord and sing his praises no matter. Satan did not stop God's word in their mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN!!

    Hope you are having an awesome day. I sent you an email.

    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful love song. I enjoy following her blog also. This story is so sad yet beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura,

    What a beautiful tribute this was and truly brings tears to my eyes with every child that is called home way too early.

    Please stop by my blog today to meet a blogger in need of help!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly beautiful and poingant. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful song. I will pray for their comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!