Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Sad Day At Fort Hood

"The Lord will hear your crying, and He will comfort you. When He hears you, He will help you!"
Isaiah 30:19



I am THANKING AND PRAISING GOD today that my baby girl is home SAFE AND SOUND as she had just left Ft. Hood shortly before the shootings began. Her husband, Tex, is out in the field so he was not on base either.

My heart goes out to the families of the 12 that have lost loved their lives, and to the 31 who have been injured in this horrible tragedy. Please pray with with me for the families involved as well as those still on base.

I pray that this will all be resolved soon and no more precious lives will be lost!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about this, Laura. Although I don't know the whole story but will be praying along with the you based on info I got from you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I can not believe this happened. It disturbs me that our men and women who fight to protect the men and women of this country are not even safe in their own country.

    And to think that one of the shooters was a muslim pshychiatrist on the base. That disturbs me even more and angers me to know end. I am deeply saddened at those who lost their life, those who are serioulsy to even slightly injured or shook up.

    Inspite of it all, I am ever so greatful for a gracious loving father who was there as this ordeal unfolded. Broken Hearted yet still there Loving, comforting and even welcoming home these fallen HEROS.

    My heartfelt prayers to all and my praise to the heavens for those who are safe tonight. I thank God your daughter and son in law are safe and were not in the midst of all of this as it unfolded.

    Praying for your family as well. God bless you my sweet friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your family is safe. We are praying for the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God your daughter and son-in-law are safe! Wow, that really was a little too close to home for you. I am praying for those families, what a senseless tragedy!

    Thank you for all your prayers for Aaron. I'll be posting a praise report soon!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!