Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Menu


I just LOVE this time of year. The wonderful food, the decorating, and just being with family and friends. This year, we are having my friend G., her daughter, and her 2 nieces over for Thanksgiving dinner. We didn't want them to be alone nor have to cook a huge meal for them so we asked them to come here and celebrate with us since her husband will be out of town.

Today I will be baking an apple, a pumpkin pie, and some cookies. I need to find a good "sugar free" recipe for a pumpkin dessert for G. She is diabetic and I want to make sure she has some desserts she can pig out on too! :> )

I then need to chop the onions and celery to get it ready for the stuffing. Then it's getting the yams into their pretty little baking dishes and all brown sugared up. Everything else will be done tomorrow. It's certainly going to be an early morning, but I wouldn't have it any other way! :> )

Our Thanksgiving menu will be:

A BEAUTIFUL Butterball turkey, courtesy of my daughter Goose
Sage Sausage stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Candied yams w/marshmallow topping
Green bean casserole
Creamy Cauliflower
Scalloped Vadalia Onions
Fresh baked pepperoni rolls

Desserts:
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin Crunch
Sugar-free pumpkin pie
Amish Chocolate Chip Bars

Hmmm.....feels like I'm missing something! Well, if I figure it out, I'll just fill it in.

So, what's on YOUR Thanksgiving menu?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not even sure what all is on the menu (since I'm not cooking), BUT I know whatever it is will be YUMMY!!!!

    Hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving, Laura!

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. O sounds yummy. I posted mine earlier. Lol. Huge turkey here for us as well and a ham. lol. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend and a safe great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nummy! ;) I would love to see the recipe for the cauliflower ... does that involve cheese? :) God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura, good to hear from you and thanks for your kind and encouraging words.

    Your Thanksgiving meal looks wonderful. We went to my mom & dad's and we have the traditional things, but after I got home I realized we didn't have candied yams this year. We certainly didn't need them. I was stuffed.

    I had leftovers for lunch today and got stuffed again.

    This winter I will work which I haven't done in years so hopefully that will make winter go faster.

    I should pick some projects or do some scrapbooking. I certainly have been doing some cleaning this past week. It would be nice to keep that up.

    Unfortunately I dislike dusting, vacuuming and just about all cleaning. Thank God my kids and husband help a lot.

    Have a nice weekend. I am.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!