Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Good morning! I am enjoying a nice hot cup of tea and an Apple Toaster Struedel (I cheated this morning and had the frozen kind) while doing my Bible Study. Care to join me?

In my Sunday School class, we are working from "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. In this book, we discuss each day, the lies that we as women, have come to believe about ourselves, about sin, about our marriage, our emotions, and about our circumstances.

Nancy sheds light on how we can be delivered from bondage and set free to walk in God's grace, forgiveness, and abundant life. This book offers the most effective weapon to counter and overcome Satan's deceptions - GOD'S TRUTH!

I am really enjoying this study. One of the things that I really love about this workbook is that at the end of each days lesson, there is a prayer. The prayer for today is:

"Lord, I agree with You that I am not a helpless victim of my circumstances or my past. I understand that I may not be able to change the circumstances of my life, but, because of what Jesus has done for me and in me, I can control my attitude and my responses. By the power of Your Spirit, help me to choose to obey You, to take responsibility for my actions, and to be changed into the image of Christ. Amen!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I also have that book here. I've done the study few years ago with other ladies, and yes, very enlightening. Just like you do, I also enjoyed it and have lent my copy to different women already.

    hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!