Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Camping & Tuesday Blog Hop

Blonde Moment: Hummmm.....it is now 6:14 pm and I just realized that my blog entry title has said "Camping & Tuesday Blog Hop" all day. Now where did I get Camping from when I was trying to write Christmas? LOL

One of my happiest childhood memories is when my entire family would get together at Foxy's house on Christmas morning. There would be around 30 of us running around. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, Foxy,, and I believe her neighbors, Jeannie and Kenny.......it was MAGICALLY AWESOME! We would have the best time celebrating with lots of presents, and WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS food.

My most vivid memory of spending Christmas day with Foxy is the day she tried to take out her entire family with her famous Mac & Cheese! To read more about that, please click HERE! lol Oh, the good ole' days! :> )

Ok, now onto the Blog Hop! In today's hop, we are to ask a question, so here's mine:

What is your happiest childhood memory? I hope you will participate and share with us your wonderful memories!!



MckLinky Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. A christmas that started badly but became my favorite:

    I was about 16 years old and living in England with my parents (my dad was a Pastor) My mom had to go back to the US because the health care in Enland was socialized and waiting for help almost killed her. So she had to go back for 6 months to recover. It was just dad and me since my sisters had already moved back to the States to attend college.

    So the two of us decided to go to London on Christmas Eve and see th lights. But in true British form, we got fogged out and stranded a couple hours outside the city. Thank goodness we had the keys to a military families house (they were TDY) and we got to hunker down there.
    My dad and I raded their freezer of frozen pizzas and icecream and watched movies all night and exchanged gifts around 2 that Christmas morning. It turned out to be one of the first bonding moments I ever had as a teenager with my dad....besides my first Christmas married to Brian and then as a mom, it's still a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My happiest childhood memories always included our family's annual trip to Disneyland! Us kids would spend all year planning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My happiest childhood memory was trips to my Grandmother's house. She always went out of her way to make us kids feel extra special. I cherish those times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I would have to say it was riding this beautiful palomino horse. My family went to visit my Dad's sister and they had her. Her name was Casey. I really loved that horse!

    BTW, your blog is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura,
    Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment =) My happiest childhood memory is of family camping trips. Dad would get up to 12 wks off during the summer & we'd travel the US or Canada every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog and I am so happy you got a laugh out of my melodious post...lol. I would have to say one of my favorite childhood memories was when I was in 1st and 2nd grade my Mom walked to school and got me and we walked home. I am the youngest of 5 so alone time is great. but what made it better is that we stopped at least once a week by a little ice cream stand and got a chocolate malt to share. I loved that alone time with my mom.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!