Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessings From A Friend


"For the soil which has drunk the rain that repeatedly falls upon it and produces vegetation useful to those for whose benefit it is cultivated partakes of a blessing from God!"
Hebrews 6:7


I just LOVE eating vegetables fresh from the garden, don't you? Sharing things that we have grown in our garden throughout the summer with family and friends is a wonderful blessing to me.

My close friend Daisy, has blessed us with a bunch of yummy produce. She brought with her............





eggplants...............












which I have been frying up to freeze for Eggplant Parmagian..YUMMM!







basil........













which I have been drying






and some green and yellow squash. Or squarsh, as they say here in the valley. I have not decided what I want to do with all of it yet. I think I may make some mock crab cakes.

Thank you, Father, for the wonderful gifts of friends and for the bountiful provisions you have provided us!

7 comments:

  1. I love this blog! So warm and inviting!
    And yes, praise the Lord for providing such delicious and nutritious foods! I am hoping to try gardening for the first time ever next spring :) Those look so yummy - but I don't know how to make eggplant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what great veggies and you are obviously the right one to give them to.

    Eggplant Parmesan!! I've had it once when my aunt made it many years ago. It was sooooo good and I don't even like eggplant. That was one of the few times I was able to spend time with my aunt & uncle because they lived across the USA.

    My uncle just died last week at the age of 92! My aunt died several years ago.

    Thanks for the memories.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foods are so good lookin' So healthy. Enjoy the pictures and seeing how healthy they are. Laura, thank for sharing. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laura!
    I love fresh vegetables!
    I saw you have a lot of basil.
    Here in italy we have a sauce called "PESTO". It is made with basil!
    It is perfect with pasta!!!
    I found this recipe to make pesto at home.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz5ocA7hBg

    Blessings,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a neighbor who occasionally brings us veggies from his garden. Oh so fresh and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy is already a blessing and she came and brought you more blessings. Oh how friendship stories warm the heart.

    I'm glad I visited you today, Laura, as I'm celebrating friendship on Saturdays.

    Visiting your site feels like I'm in a real farm, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhh.....eggplant parm.....I'm drooling all over my keyboard!!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!