Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Goodbye and Good Riddance, Monday..................Till Next Week


I took Monday off from the internet world so I could get caught up on some much needed things around the house that I have been neglecting. It is so easy to get caught up on all the many wonderful things the World Wide Web has to offer, but sometimes, before I even realize it, I have spent my entire morning pushing a mouse around a foam pad instead of doing what needs to be done........being the keeper of my home!

The garden needs to be tended too, my pool does NOT contain crystal clear water, there are clothes that need to be mended, and the rabbits in my yard have to pole-vault to get through the grass. I have dust bunnies the size of my 60 pound Border Collie, and Mt. Wash-more has literally taken over my dining area in my kitchen. EEEEEKKKK!!!!

So, as you can see, I had to take a stand!!! I made it a point yesterday to stay off the internet and get busy. Blogging would have to wait, my facebook friends would have to survive without me, and twitter was NOT going to find out what I was doing every 30 minutes!

All was going well and I was getting things accomplished. That is until........I was on my second load of laundry. For some unknown reason that we have yet to figure out, our washer, which sometimes has a mind of its own, decided that my kitchen floor was a liiiiittle too dirty and needed a good mopping up. The nerve it had to just 'throw up' in the middle of my cleaning frenzy. I will tell you though that MY first thought was NOT to run and get something to clean it up with, but was to run and get my shorts on and lie down in the cold, trickling waterfall, and I probably would have if my sister wasn't here, but SHE wanted me to get her some towels so we could clean it up. (RATS! what fun is that?) Who needs a pool in the back yard when you have a washing machine that overflows in the kitchen! LOL

Needless to say, this put quite the hamperdamper on the rest of my day. Now I had to "babysit" the washing machine, shutting off the water after it filled, then turning it back on when it was time for the rinse cycle while running back and forth between the other things that I was doing. URGGHH!

After we got the water in the kitchen cleaned up, I went in to my bathroom to get the clothes hamper for the next load of wash. "FAST BREAKING NEWS FLASH" I yelled to my sister. "THIS JUST IN: Pool from the kitchen of Goose Hill Farm has decided to re-locate to the BATHROOM!" All I could do was LAUGH!!!!! What a day!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    Have a nice day!

    Blessings,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, someone just did NOT want you doing laundry or cleaning, huh?

    I bet it was Mr. Word Verification himself!!!

    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How humorous! You know what, it is an excellent idea to ban internet on Mondays.. .I shall have to try that, one of these days (whistling).

    I absolutely adore your blog layout, so very patriotic indeed!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!