Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!


I remember when this picture was taken like it was yesterday. We went on a "surprise" visit to see my brother (he's the 7'1" guy on the left) in TX the day after Christmas '04. We drove 22 hours straight to get there. My sister, B, Iin the purple shirt) and I had planned the whole thing, and to our amazement, none of the kids spilled the beans! LOL I snuck up behind him while he was standing in line to get into the space center. I started complaining to him about how much time he was taking up talking to the lady at the ticket counter. "Sir," I said. "Can you socialize with that young lady later? I am getting extremely hot standing out here while you chit chat!" Well, you should have seen his face when he turned around and saw all 5 of us standing there in front of him.......PRICELESS!

Blessings~
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwww! What a fabulous memory! So glad you shared that with us. I bet he was SHOCKED!!!! =0)

    Thanks for going on my walk with me today. Walks are always more fun when taken with a friend or two!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 03, 2009

    Dear Laura,

    That is a good story, makes me want to travel somewhere and go see my family.

    I love old photos, too, and enjoy joining Erica to walk down Memory Lane. Old photos provide so much to write about...endless fun! And who does not like to write about pleasant memories?

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ~ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story about sneaking a visit on your brother. 7'1"? Holy cow!! I'll bet you all had so much fun. Thanks for sharing. I'll be following you.
    Take care
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that must have been!!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!