Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strawberries - God's Delicious Gift

"Taste and see that the Lord is good................."




Isn't God AWESOME?

I went out to the garden the other day and was greeted by a beautiful array of strawberries that were just begging to be picked. After I brought them in, my sister, C. and I made strawberry banana smoothies. OMGoodness....it was delicious! And then for dinner, I had vanilla yogurt with what else.....STRAWBERRIES! What a gift from God, so delicious and refreshing.

I have started freezing what we harvest, in hopes that when I have enough, I will be able to make some strawberry preserves. Oh, the thought just tickles me. It doesn't take much to make me happy, let me tell you! :> ) I just love things that are homemade. They are sooooo good for you. And the best part about the veggies and fruit from our garden is that they are all organic! YAY!!!

Are any of you able to harvest from your gardens yet? If so, what have you gotten and what are some things you plan on making with them? I would love to exchange some recipes if anyone is interested.

Well, it's back out to the garden to see what other delicious gifts the Lord has provided us with today!

Blessings~
Laura

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I must say myself, yummo!

    I wish I had a garden to harvest from. Those look so good.

    Thanks for the kind words on my Walk Down Memory Lane post :)

    Enjoy your bounty this summer!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 08, 2009

    Wow...fresh strawberries...how delicious!

    We only have a simple garden of tomatoes and cucumbers. The tomatoes are not yet ripe, but we have been getting cucumbers.
    Both are so delightful! We usually just eat them to our hearts content…fresh by themselves or in salads…and never tire of eating them!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!