Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

“Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!” -Lydia M. Child



This is my dad, Ralph Gordon van Deurs. This is his graduation picture taken back in 1947. He stood 6'11". This is one of my favorite pictures of him. Isn't he just the most handsome fellow?

It is hard to believe that Dad has been gone 19 years this past May. He was a wonderful dad with a great sense of humor and a love for the Lord.

I love you, Dad, and can't wait until the day that we will all be together again in God's glorious kingdom!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, PAPA!!
We LOVE you!

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 21, 2009

    Do people tell you all the time that you look just like him? Because you do!

    Yes, he is handsome. And it is great to hear that he was so good.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. Hope you all had a great Father's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tiff! We did have a great day. I hope you all did as well!

    It's funny Hope, no one ever tells me I look like my dad. But I am so thrilled that you did! You put a :> ) on my face!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man your dad was tall!! How tall are you?

    And you do look like him, Hope is right. Of course I've never seen you mom.

    Hope you had an awesome Father's Day with your family.

    More later,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 6'11"! He was a tall guy, huh? I'm sorry you could be with him on Father's Day, but how wonderful to know that he's celebrating Father's Day with his Heavenly Father! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!