Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Magic Cookie Bars

I hope you are reading today, Christina....this is for you! :> )

While I was growing up, my grandmother, Foxy, used to make these treats for us when we would come over to visit. And oh, what a "treat" they are. Packed full of ooey, gooey, OMGoodness!

I have not made these bars for quite some time, but after posting about Foxy and mentioning her cookie bars the other day, I now have to make these for myself family.

Ok, now onto the food recipe!

Servings: Makes 2 to 3 dozen bars
Serving Size: 1/36 of a recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass dish). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan. Pour EAGLE BRAND® evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

Recipe Variations: Substitute chocolate chips or nuts with: candy coated pieces, dried cranberries, raisins, mini marshmallows or butterscotch chips.

I hope you like these...WE DO!

Blessings~
Laura

8 comments:

  1. Okay (folds arms)... now that's just evil

    (stumbles throughout the house in a desperate search for CHOCOLATE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 19, 2009

    It looks like one my daughter would like to make...very yummy!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is very easy to make, Hope. My girls made this when they were younger.

    Martha, it's not evil.....it's DELICIOUS! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 19, 2009

    Thank you for the love!

    I get those fun photos from
    Life archives

    a searchable archive


    To search the LIFE archives, just type “source:life” after your keyword in the Google Images search box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seee, I don't really like to MAKE the food, I just like to EAT the food. Thus my one comment that Hope made fun of on Five Moms & A Blog today. =0)

    Those sure do look yummy!!! You should leave Christina a comment and tell her you left her a little something on your blog. =0)

    E

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to MAKE the food, but I love to EAT it MORE!! lol

    Thank you, Erica for that suggestion. I left a message for Christina on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for leaving the comment about these. I will have to give them a try. Except Larry doesn't like coconut so I will have to leave that out.
    God Bless,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are one of my absolute favorite cookies! I love every ingredient in them. I don't make them, but when I see them at a function I make a Bee Line for them.

    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!