Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Homemade Bisquick Mix

I really like using Bisquick, and I had for years, but with the amount we used, it was getting rather expensive. They have so many wonderful recipes on that cute little box of theirs. However, I can't tell you how happy this frugal female was when I found a recipe where I could make my own. YIPPEE!!

This recipe is SUPER EASY to make. This is all we use now and we really like it. One thing I have done when I use this for pancakes, and I guess you could use it in waffle batter as well, is use flavored coffee creamer instead of milk. My favorite is French Vanilla or Cinnamon Bun. Mmmmmmmm! I hope you will like using this recipe as much as we do!

Homemade Bisquick

6 cups of flour
3 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup shortening

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together three times into a large bowl.
Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter/blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Use the same amount of homemade recipe as you would for Bisquick
ENJOY!

Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 20, 2009

    Dear Laura,

    Thank you so much for being such a good encouragement for Manuela! I think see greatly appreciated it.

    I copied your Bisquick pancake recipe and cannot wait to try it.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!