Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

❤

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Homemade Bisquick Mix

I really like using Bisquick, and I had for years, but with the amount we used, it was getting rather expensive. They have so many wonderful recipes on that cute little box of theirs. However, I can't tell you how happy this frugal female was when I found a recipe where I could make my own. YIPPEE!!

This recipe is SUPER EASY to make. This is all we use now and we really like it. One thing I have done when I use this for pancakes, and I guess you could use it in waffle batter as well, is use flavored coffee creamer instead of milk. My favorite is French Vanilla or Cinnamon Bun. Mmmmmmmm! I hope you will like using this recipe as much as we do!

Homemade Bisquick

6 cups of flour
3 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup shortening

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together three times into a large bowl.
Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter/blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Use the same amount of homemade recipe as you would for Bisquick
ENJOY!

Blessings~

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 20, 2009

    Dear Laura,

    Thank you so much for being such a good encouragement for Manuela! I think see greatly appreciated it.

    I copied your Bisquick pancake recipe and cannot wait to try it.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!