Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!


Now THIS is a memory I would really like to FORGET!!!! My mother, Nana, was good in the kitchen. She got her cooking abilities from my grandmother, Foxy. Well, one day, my mom was making an angel food cake. Now, what is the first thing you want to do when you are a kid and your mom is making a cake? Taste the batter? You betcha!

Anyway, I tried to take a big spoonful of the batter like I normally did. Well, this time she tapped my hand and said very sternly, "NO, you may not eat this batter!" "Why not", I asked. And with a loving gaze, she looked down into my eyes and replied, "Because I said so!" "What kind of an answer is that,?" I thought? (I know now, that is a typical mom answer)

Okay, I don't know about you, but when someone tells me I can't do something, that makes me want to do it all the more. So, here we are in the kitchen, mixing bowl between us, both staring at each other like two cowboys with their guns cocked and ready at a show-down, waiting to see who will draw first, when all of a sudden........the phone rings.



"NOW IS MY CHANCE," I thought to myself. WAHOO....she's now in the other room. As you can imagine, I didn't waste any time. Before you could blink, I had the biggest scoop of batter I could get and shoved it right into my mouth.

Uh, oh.... something doesn't taste right Y U C K....what is that?

EEWWWW.....It's CRISCO!

8 comments:

  1. ICK!!!! It gives me goosebumps just thinking of it.

    ha ha ha

    Thanks for joining me for my walk today. =0)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how HILARIOUS!!! Thank you for the laugh :) my memory lane has many humorous billboards along the way as well o_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's true, that mom knows best. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I did the same when I was a child!
    But I still do now!!
    I make all on my own...without any witness (family)...I make a cake and at the end I always eat some tablespoons of batter!!! So good! In particular when I make apple cakes....

    Have a nice day!

    Blessings,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so horrible that to this day, I can't eat Devil Dogs or stuff like that that has cream in the middle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a funny story- it really brought back some memories! I remember doing the exact same thing when my mom was baking thinking it was white frosting. Yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 01, 2009

    rofl , Im not saying aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanything else lol

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!