Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!

This was taken soon after a hurricane came through our town 8 years ago. This picture, is one of my all-time FAVORITES. This is my DH and my sweet son walking back to our house after viewing the damage. They are walking on the road that leads in and out of our development.

To the right, there is the
Dry Run Creek. It rose so high, that it totally destroyed the bridge by the main road, came within inches of our neighbors foundation, and completely covered our only way in or out. Thankfully, Skippy had made it home before the road was flooded. PTL, no one was injured when it came through!

This next pic, was of my boys when we went to the American Museum of Frontier Culture. When I saw them walking away, I remember the hurricane pic and had to grab this one quick. I just love it when the two of them spend time together.

THEY ARE MY WORLD!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2009

    Hi Laura,

    It is a sweet sight to see a father with his child; it touched the heart.

    Interesting photos, I like the lane through the trees. It looks like such a lovely day…good memory lane.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious set of pictures.

    Sorry to hear you had a hurricane come through your area. Glad you were all okay.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you look forward to my posts. I'm sorry that I don't post until late at night most of the time.

    I guess you pick it up the next day. I just don't get to blogging until the evenings most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry I'm so slow to get over here and visit your blog! I've just been SWAMPED!!!

    Love both of the pictures. I love 'walking away' photos. Kinda like the one I use for my "Memory Lane" photo!

    Glad you joined me for my walk. =0)

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!