Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blog Hop - AWESOME Pepperoni Bread Recipe

“In the childhood memories of every good cook, there's a large kitchen, a warm stove, a simmering pot, and mom.”



This is a recipe I have been using for years to make the most delicious pepperoni bread you have ever tasted (at least in our house, that is). It is a very simple recipe that I make in my bread machine (or you can make it by hand, works great either way) on the dough cycle and then let it rise in the bread pan and then bake. Mmmmmm.......the aroma! Your house will smell WONDERFUL!

For one (1) loaf, you will need the following, and this is the order that I put my ingredients in, which is according to the bread machine manufacturers directions, so please check your manual before starting. For this recipe you will need:

  • 2 tsps yeast
  • 2 cups of bread flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp non-fat dry milk
  • 1 tbsp butter or margarine
  • 3/4 cups warm water
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni (depending on personal preference, but we use a LOT)
  • 2 tbsps chopped garlic (again, depending on personal preference and you can substitute garlic powder for fresh or jarred if you desire)

After adding ALL my ingredients, I select the dough cycle and let it go, which takes about an hour and a half for it to complete. I then take out the dough, shape it either into a loaf or section it and shape it into rolls. The possibilities are endless!

After the loaf/rolls are shaped, I put them into greased pans and let them rise to desired height. For me, that usually takes about 45 minutes as our house is warm from the wood stove and things tend to rise a little bit quicker.

Bake at 350 degrees. For the loaf - 20 - 22 minutes and for the rolls - 15 - 18 minutes. This particular night I had made both for dinner. As you can see, they came out GREAT! But I will tell you this, they didn't last long!





MckLinky Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. Ok, let's try to make MckLinky work for you shall we??

    Go here and copy the code in the first yellow box...

    http://www.mcklinky.com/blog_hop_code_get.asp

    Now open a new post at your blog and click on edit html up at the top. Paste in the code you just copied. About 2/3 the way down you will see the word STOP. Highlight everything from there up including the word stop and type the name of your recipe in there instead. Then click the compost top up at the top and you will see the MckLinky link (all the rest will show up after you post), add the rest of the text and pics if you have them of your recipe, then post. You can then delete the first one and you should be all hooked up!!!

    Hope that helps ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, SALLY! It works! :> )

    You're the BEST!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious recipe! I'll try it, I have a bread machine too, so it will easier for me! Since I had it, I have discovered that homemade bread is so good!

    Blessings,
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2009

    I am going to print this recipe; it sounds delicious all right!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 23, 2009

    Oh yes…I love the quote at the top!
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!