Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sharp Shopper






Today was grocery shopping day. Cathy and I and the kids, drove to H'burg to go to our FAVORITE grocery store, Sharp Shopper. They carry a wide variety of grocery items:

* Pet food & accessories * Cleaning, household & paper supplies
* Canned soups, fruits & vegetables * Beverages (juices, sodas, etc.)
* Dairy, freezer & produce departments * Snacks & candy
* Bulk food * Cereals, pastas & bread
AND MUCH MORE . . . .

When we go, it's ALWAYS on a Tuesday or a Friday. That is when the new trucks come in. You never know what GREAT STUFF they will have! Did I mention that it was my FAVORITE GROCERY STORE? :D

These pictures are actual pictures of what our store looks like. When we first started going, it was less than half the size it is now. They have done a LOT of work there.

Do you have any discount groceries stores near you that you love to shop at? Come on.....share it with us.....what's your favorite?

5 comments:

  1. I'm in such a small town that we don't have many options. We do have a Wal-Mart though,so it is my store of choice. They have everything I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Erica~

    We have a Wal-Mart as well. Sharp Shopper is not in our town. We have to drive 45 minutes to get there, but it is worth the trip!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Sharp Shopper but it looks like a fun kind of place. Our best discount option is Sam's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am on Face Book. Do you spend much time there? I've been spending more time blogging than FBing, but I go there 3 or 4 times a week.

    The parade was great. Small and sweet. Wish there had been more horses and dogs. They were so cute.

    There were some sheep dogs, but I don't think I got a good picture of them. We petted them though. They were so soft. I was surprised.

    Talk to ya later.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 22, 2009

    Hi Laura,

    It is funny that is exciting too you…not knowing what they’ll have. I am the opposite; I don’t like when a store isn’t “reliable”. You must be a carefree lady! I am trying to be more like that.

    We shop mostly at Costco, and they are not always reliable either. I’ll go to get something I want and find they no longer carry it!

    What I think is really strange is when checkers act shocked at the overflowing basket we bring to the counter. That is what the whole idea of shopping at Costco is…isn’t it? We only go every 2 to 3 weeks, and they sell everything in bulk, so how could a full basket shock anyone? I am always amazed at people who come in just for a package of meat and some milk…or something of that sort.

    We shop other stores for their sale items and the items we cannot find at Costco.

    Actually, Bill does most of the shopping. He is more like you, Laura. He likes the Grocery Outlet, which is like your Sharp Shopper, and he loves the Dollar Tree. I feel overwhelmed in the Dollar Tree and only go when I have to.

    Bill started doing the shopping after our 4th child was born. Up until then I always did the shopping and took the children with me. He is my hero!

    So there you have my lengthy shopping story.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!