Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

To My Son-In-Law And To Those Who Serve To Protect Us And Our FREEDOM

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I would like you to meet my son-in-law, Tex. After serving a 15 month tour in Iraq, he is now serving at a military base, where he will be until his next deployment, Afghanistan. I wanted to pay tribute to him and all those that are serving or have served in the military. THANK YOU, Tex, from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done for our country. I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU! You have ALL sacrificed so much to protect us, our land, and our FREEDOMS! You are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you all!

This first picture is of Tex and the other one is of him and his crew. What a great bunch of young men they are!


A Soldier
Author Unknown

There is discipline in A Soldier
you can see it when he walks,
There is honor in A Soldier
you hear it when he talks.

There is courage in A Soldier
you can see it in his eyes,
There is loyalty in A Soldier
that he will not compromise.

There is something in A Soldier
that makes him stand apart,
There is strength in A Soldier
that beats from his heart.

A Soldier isn't a title any man
can be hired to do,
A Soldier is the soul of that man
buried deep inside of you.

A Soldier's job isn't finished after
an 8 hour day or a 40 hour week,
A Soldier is always A Soldier
even while he sleeps.

A Soldier serves his country first
and his life is left behind,
A Soldier has to sacrifice what
comes first in a civilian's mind.

If you are civilian -
I am saying this to you.....
next time you see A Soldier
remember what they do.

A Soldier is the reason our land
is 'Home of the free',
A Soldier is the one that is brave
protecting you and me.

If you are A Soldier -
I am saying this to you.....

Thank God for EVERY SOLDIER
Thank God for what YOU do!

2 comments:

  1. Great post !Thank you for this and the poem is very nice. I've never seen it before.

    Happy 4th of July and thank your SIL for his sacrifice and your daughter for her support for him and her sacrifice.

    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 05, 2009

    Dear Laura,

    Wow, thank you for posting this about Tex. I would like to add my thanks to him as well.

    Thank you, Tex. May God bless and keep you in His care!


    Also, Laura, thanks for all your visits and comments on my blog.
    A large family is one of God’s great blessings. I am so thankful to my parents for our family life.
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!