Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Away With You.........Be Gone!


I just read this over at Lindsay's and just had to share this:

“Having alot of things–whether it’s furniture or knick-knacks or things you think you might need but never end up using–can make [home maintenaince] an overwhelming, or seemingly overwhelming, task. Clutter or crowded spaces can make even a clean house seem not so clean. When the clutter is gone, cleaning is easier and the house actually looks clean when I’m done…A neat space is much more inviting than a clean, yet cluttered, place.”

I have been struggling with the issue of "clutter" for quite some time. My mother, God bless her, was a PACK RAT in every sense of the word. She has been gone almost 5 years, and I still have not gotten rid of most of what she collected. I guess part of the "rat-ness" rubbed off on me. LOL

Skippy and I are thinking of selling our house and getting something smaller, now that my mom and the girls are gone and it's just the three of us now. It just makes sense in so many ways. How true that statement is that "clutter, can make maintaining your home an overwhelming, or seemingly overwhelming task!" There are days where I just look around and want to just crawl back in bed and pull the covers up over my head and stay there! Clutter has caused tension (for me) and is so much harder to maintain....and dust.

I am so glad I came across "Passionate Homemaking". She has given me the incentive that I have needed. Thank you, Lindsay, for that
giant push off the proverbial "clutter-cliff."

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 23, 2009

    Hello Dear Laura,

    Well, moving is always a good way to make a clean start. Is it difficult for you to get rid of your mother’s stuff because it was hers?

    When I have difficulty getting rid of things, I find it helpful to put things away in boxes. As time goes by, maybe several months, I have forgotten just what is in the boxes and can get rid of them without any feelings. The trick is: don’t reopen the boxes!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stuff too. I hate dusting cuz there is so much to move in order to do a 1 minute job.

    People keep giving me nic nacs and I can't just get rid of them. I finally said "no nic nacs" , but some people still give them.

    So you might move? How sad. You live on a farm don't you? I can't imagine moving off of a farm.

    I'm sure you know what you're doing. Packing will help you get rid of some stuff as long as you aren't too rushed to move. Then you might just throw everything into boxes and take it all with you.

    More later,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot...enjoy Letterboxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great idea. I have lots I need to get rid of. How are you Laura? I hope all is well with you! Take care friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your road trip and be safe.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!