Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs

I have been making these DELICIOUS French Breakfast Puffs for YEARS! My family just LOVES them! The other day while chatting with Paula over at "Summ Day, Summ Way" and she asked me if I would post the recipe so here you go, Paula.....this one's for YOU!

For this recipe, you will need:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Lightly grease 12 muffin cups; set aside. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside. In mixer bowl, cream together 1/2 cup sgar, the shortening, and egg. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.

Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake in 350*F oven for 20-25 minutes, or till golden. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Remove muffins from oven; immediately dip in melted butter or margarine, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture till coated. Serve warm and ENJOY!!

Yield: 112 muffins
OMGosh....that should read 12 muffins NOT 112 ROFLOL!!

9 comments:

  1. Laura, sounds and looks good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep posting these yummy pictures I am going to sniff you out of those Virginia hills/valleys!!
    Hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, my sweet friends! Andrea, you won't have to sniff me out, I'll give you directions! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious...I think I will try them for tomorrows breakfast. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!!

    Did I know you live in VA?? Did you know I was in VA for the first time for a few days after Christmas? Cause I expect you to know these things. *wink* We went to VA visit my daughter and her husband. I love it there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am definitely trying this recipe out for my kiddos. They look awesome and I know they will love them. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, you are right...I SHOULD have known you were in VA! lol

    What part of VA is your daughter in? We are in Luray which is about 30 minutes East of New Market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the recipe Laura! It sounds as yummy as it looks!!! I'll give them a try in the next few days. Have to get some nutmeg first though.LOL Hope to talk to you soon.
    Hugs, Paula

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!