Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cookies Anyone?

I have a cookie recipe that I use for just about all of my cookies. It is so simple and easy to make.

On Saturday, I made a double batch, divided it up, and made 5 different cookie doughs from this one recipe.

I made:

white chocolate cranberry (OMGoodness!!), cinnamon oatmeal, chocolate chip, chocolate, and peanut butter (in center).

At the last minute, I decided to take a scoop of the chocolate and one of the peanut butter, and put them together. That would be the two toned cookie.

For this recipe you will need:

2 sticks butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and put aside. Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture.

At this point, you can now add whatever you would like. Use your imagination!

Bake for 10-12 minutes on lightly greased cookie sheet. After one minute, remove to cooling rack.

ENJOY!


12 comments:

  1. Those look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep tempting me and I am gonna have to take a road trip..I am sure I could sniff my way there! LOL!!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I made gluten free cookies and the problem is they get very dry fast...the next day they aren't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, yummy! not helping my fast here at all. Lol. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, thank you for sharing the receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever!! I need help with stretching my cooking imagination...Or lack there of, is more like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere, I have a recipe book that makes a few basic doughs and then you do this alter each dough slightly to make a variety of cookies. I like to do that because it gives us lots of options without lots of mess. Another thing I like to do is make a bunch of dough at one time, shape into balls and pop it into the freezer. That way we can have fresh cookies anytime we want and only need to wash the mixer once.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat, I have never thought of rolling them into balls first before freezing the dough. What an awesome idea! :D

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. Years ago we used to make dry mixes and store them and then we could scoop out as much mix as a recipe called for and add ingredients to make cakes, brownies, muffins. I think the book was called make-a-mix recipes.

    There were even soup bases and casserole base mixes. Must be similar to what people put in jars now and give as gifts or sell for fundraisers.

    Your cookies look mm mm good.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog again.
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!