Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mmmmmm!

At my precious Skippy's request, I made these Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for him. He found the recipe, believe it or not, on the underside of the oatmeal container lid. What ever made him look there is beyond me. lol

So, here they are, in all there DELICIOUSNESS!

For this recipe, you will need:

1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I added a pinch more)
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups quick or old fashioned, uncooked oats
1 cup raisins

1. Heat oven to 350*F
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well
6. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet
7. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack
9. ENJOY!!

Yields approximately 4 dozen (this will vary depending on size of dough used)

Bar Cookies: Bake 30 - 35 minutes in ungreased 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan


10 comments:

  1. Love the look L

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious, send me some ;-)
    I like your new look too.
    Blessings,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! I love it! :D Renee found the background. I don't know HOW I overlooked this one! lol

    @Katia....they're on the way! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those cookies look gourmet-ish! Printing it now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man...I have to make my own :(
    I love your new look...it's perfect!!! Love your new banner too!!

    GREAT JOB ON BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo! Love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm looks delicious. And the new look of your blog too!

    Your greetings reminded me of my little daughter who was whining why I didn't bore her somewhere in the USA where people say "Howdy"! She just adore people with the Southern accent she hears in movies and she mimics them so well. When we asked her why, she said she wanted to be a cowgirl and live in a farm and clean animal poops. We all laughed at the poop part but that didn't change her mind.

    I'm sure she will love this new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM, the cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did he HAVE to MAKE his own oatmeal and he was looking for the recipe??? LOL!
    Yummm - I LOVE oatmeal cookies ... send some over here on an email attachment ... I know very star trekkie of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beam me up some cookies, Scottie! LOL

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!