Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Long Haul

Faithfulness can be described as being true to one's word, promises, or vows. God's Word provides many examples of people who remained faithful to the Lord in their work or call; but God Himself is perhaps the best definition of this character quality. As creator God, faithfulness is an attribute of His very nature. He demonstrates that attribute each day as He lovingly cares for us and meets our needs. The Bible describes God's faithfulness as infinite (Psalms 36:5) and everlasting (Psalms 119:90). Every morning, the Lord's faithfulness is new (Lamentations 3:23) and unfailing (Psalms 89:33). Even when we fail to be faithful to God, He remains faithful to us (2 Timothy 2:13).

Faithfulness is a character quality not easily found today. Christians in general, approach too many commitments with the option of, "Well, if this doesn't work, I can always get out." When life gets tough, we are tempted to escape from our responsibilities; but faithfulness means not forgetting the Lord in the good times, and not blaming Him in the bad. No matter where we go, we will have difficulties of some kind. What about you? Are you in your journey with Christ for the long haul?

Father,

Only You can give me the strength I need to remain faithful to You. Fill me again this day with Your power and help me remain true to You and the commitment I have made to my husband and my children.

In Your precious, Holy name.......Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou Laura, I needed this today! If you've read my blog this week, you may know why! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE SIGN!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true Laura! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!