Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Blame Game

Looking for someone else to blame when things go wrong in life is something we do often to escape from being held accountable. Do you blame others for the foolish things you do and for your bad choices? Do you point the finger and say, "If they hadn't been so . . . . or If they weren't here then. . . . I wouldn't have . . .?"

Whether it is our friendships, marriage, or homeschooling, God holds everyone of us accountable to faithfully obey Him in what He has commanded us to do. Blaming others is really trying to hide our own failings from God. The blame game first started in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve, but we don't have to keep playing it in our home. We need to confess our sin instead of trying to "pass the buck" and be healed!

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)


Father,

Thank You for Your forgiveness that You freely give to me. Help me to acknowledge that the fault lies with me when I sin and not others. Please help me to keep my heart clean before You. In the name of Jesus, Amen!

5 comments:

  1. Love those heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwiches!

    You're so right, we tend to blame. Always looking for a way out of our own faults. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my youngest a t-shirt with that saying on it...He was a blamer for a long time, but God has done a work in his heart that has caused the blame-game to decrease dramatically. It's exciting to watch the work of God work in our children...I dare say, my children are glad to see God sanctify me, as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE sign ...
    My Mom said to me about a year or so after Dad died that she found out that the stains on the carpet from coffee were caused by HER not him - b'c they didn't disappear after he was gone ... she said this with a smile on her face ...
    So often I blame others ... BUT - it's just me ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed this verse. This week I caught myself trying to place blame when it wasn't even necessary.

    I pointed out that a person was incorrect when they tried to correct me. I had written evidence.
    It wasn't necessary. It was an oversight and I shouldn't be so quick to place blame.

    Father, forgive me. I have sinned and I need your help.

    Thanks, Laura.

    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, the blame game, I agree, I try to teach my kids to fess up! It sure is a lot easier than trying to blame someone else!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!