Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Did I Really Do That?

My washing machine and my dryer are located in my kitchen, along the far wall in my dining area. As I walked past the pantry closet to do a load of laundry, I got the pocket of my carpenter pants caught on the knob of the bi-fold doors, just like I have a hundred times before. However, this time, it was different.








Instead of me just pulling the doors off the track, I managed to pull the door COMPLETELY off, breaking a section of wood off the bottom that holds it to the frame, and knock out a bunch of the slats....








thereby exposing my messy shelves that need to be organized and straightened up.

When Skippy got home from work, I told him what happened. He came into the kitchen to take a look. As he is standing there shaking his head and LAUGHING, yes, I said LAUGHING at me, he said, "Well, I guess we have some firewood for tonight now!" :> 0

I guess then it was a good thing that we were led to go to The Salvation Army thrift store yesterday. I picked up a pair of curtains for a dollar that I was going to sew together and use for a shower curtain. I guess they will go nicely right there instead! lol


4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! But I bet curtains would look good there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I was chuckling along with Skippy - I'm like that! HAHAHAHA
    So now those pants won't cause any problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my house isn't the only one where crazy things happen. I am sure the curtains will look great.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a funny post, everything here sounds familiar! It's comforting to hear your story. It made me feel normal ;>

    Come over Laura, and lets enjoy tea talk together.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!