Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thank You Lord For Laundry

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you!"
~1Thessalonians 5:18
~

Thank you Lord for all of our dirty laundry. When I wash them, I am reminded that you have been good enough to have provided me with a washing machine. There are many people in the world who still have to do laundry in the closest stream using rocks.

Thanks you also for dirty, greasy work clothes. It means that you have provided me with a hard working husband who provides well for our family. I also thank you for food splattered aprons, which reminds me you have provided us with healthy food for our family to eat.

I'm especially thankful for the muddy and dirty play clothes, it shows me that I have a healthy hearty boy who is growing up to be a wonderful young man.

I thank you for everything Father, the good and the bad, the fun and the not-so-fun...because I know that your hand is in all things and everything works for Your glory! Amen!

Author Unknown

8 comments:

  1. Great post. I was thinking the same thing today when I was taking out the rubbish, that although a frustrating chore, many in the world do not have a house with rubbish bins to clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad about complaining but I certainly do enough of it lately. Thanks for changing my perspective!
    Thank you as well for the pastry puffs....I'm going to need those!
    I left some sunshine for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Very Nice Post! I had to check out your blog since your also listed on Suburban Hooker's SUNSHINE AWARD list!!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post and thanks for the reminder. Sometimes I'm not very thankful and I really want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for this as I spent two hours ironing today, my least favourite chore. But I made tea and put the television on and really enjoyed myself. It's all in the attitude, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, my friend, it certainly is! :> )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Smoke! 32 more inches coming your way!! We are getting rain, tonight...maybe a little sleet. However, I hear this weekend is going to be a biggie for us, too.
    Doug said in the early 60's when he was at tech they got 36 inches in one day. He said that is the most he remembers Va. getting at one time. Keep me posted.
    Hugs,
    andrea

    PS: Stay safe and warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, this is a very sweet post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!