Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Please Pray With Me.....

Pray for Amden

This precious little bundle of joy is Amden Alecole Horne. His is Andrea's great-nephew! Below, please read the post Andrea has on her blog. Won't you join me in praying not only for precious Amden, but for her daughter-in-law, Jennifer as well. Jennifer's story is at the bottom of her post.

God bless you, sweet Prayer Warriors!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I come to you with a full heart, asking for prayer. My great nephew, Amden Alecole Horne was born on Monday, February 15th, 2010. He is a beautifully handsome little man, weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long. He was born to young parents who love him very much, Jordan and Amber.

Today, Amden was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. They will run more tests tomorrow to verify or rule out this diagnosis. This is a devastating diagnosis! Please pray for Amden and his parents.

My family has come to understand that I look at things differently. What one person sees as devastating, I see as a part of GOD's divine plan. I see the good in strange or difficult things. Don't get me wrong, my heart breaks for my nephew Jordan and Amber. I know they must be scared and overwhelmed.

As I prayed this afternoon, GOD spoke clearly to me! This is what I heard:

"I will use this precious life to teach your family and many others what real love is...when you look into Amden's eyes you will see the love of Christ. He will be a blessing in your families life."

With love and prayers,

Andrea

PS: I am sorry I have not been able to visit with any of you, today. As I finished typing this, the phone rang. My daughter in law's estranged father was tragically killed in another state. This is another difficult situation. He has not been a part of her life. He was in and out of jail and lived homeless for some time. Please also pray for Jennifer. She has some tough decisions to make regarding his body, her siblings, etc. She is only 23 years old. Her mother abandoned her as a small child and she has buried her grandparents who raised her. She belongs to Doug and I, now. We promised her grandmother on her death bed that we would always be here for her. I thank each of you for faithfully praying for my family, extended family, and all those I love!

7 comments:

  1. Laura,

    Thank you so much for asking your followers and prayer warrior friends to pray for Amden.

    GOD BLESS YOU!!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am privileged to be praying too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you Laura and I will be praying for both these things. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!