Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Skippy Man & Peanut Butter Cream Pie

I had been looking through a bunch of my cookbooks this week, for a special dessert for the boys. I couldn't find one that I wanted to make, so I came up with one I thought they might like.......Peanut Butter Cream Pie. The only thing in this recipe that is NOT homemade, was the pre-made graham cracker crust I used, since all of mine were GONE! lol You can use regular pie crust if you prefer, but I thought the graham cracker crust would just go so much better.

So what do you think? Isn't she prrrrdy?

Ok, for this recipe, you will need:

For the vanilla pudding:
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
**1/3 cup chocolate powder - ONLY if making chocolate pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Peanut Butter Crumbs:
Blend 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
& 1 cup powdered sugar

Whipped Cream:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoons powdered sugar
**whip till stiff peaks form

Graham Cracker Crust:
use your own homemade kind OR
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

COOKING DIRECTIONS FOR PUDDING:
In a medium saucepan OFF heat, whisk together the dry ingredients. Gradually whish in milk, taking care to dissolve the corn starch. Whisk in egg yolks. Place saucepan on medium heat whisking continuously until first big bubble splatter. Reduce to low and continue cooking and stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. If you have lumps in your pudding, which I did not, pour through a sieve or sifter to remove lumps. Add vanilla and butter to hot pudding. Pour pudding into bowl and cover with plastic, making sure it touches the pudding. This will prevent a skin from forming. Unless of course you like to eat that, then just leave the plastic wrap off.

Chill pudding overnight. When ready to assemble, add 3/4 cup peanut butter crumbs on bottom of pre-made graham cracker crust. Add pudding, then top with more peanut butter crumbs, then whipped cream, and then finish it off with more crumbs on the top. That's it!

And if you want to hear what Skippy had to say about it, please continue reading......

Our conversation went something like this:

SKIPPY: We need to go to Florida soon

ME: Why? Have you heard from your mom? What's wrong, sweetie?

SKIPPY: I need to slap my momma

ME: Why? What did she do?

ME: Or what is she GOING to do?

SKIPPY: That pie was so good I'm gonna slap her so hard her great-grand babies are all gonna be born bald!

ROFLOL!

I JUST LOVE MY SKIPPY MAN!

4 comments:

  1. Pie looks good and your hubby is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the current picture you have up of your family. Thanks for sharing your receipe Laura. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Skippy man of yours is one funny dude. I have NEVER made nor have I ever eaten a peanut butter cream pie... but I love peanut butter. Might have to put this on the menu soon.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!