Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Day Out

Saturday morning, we slept in, ate breakfast, lazied around a bit, and then we headed out to parts unknown. Well, at least unknown to Kiddo and I at that moment.

Skippy took Kiddo and I out of town for a little fun and relaxation. Funny, he's he one who works all those long hours each week, yet he is the one taking US out for some relaxation. What a sweetheart!

Mmmm.....look at all those preserves!
Would you believe this hand carved rooster cost $230.00?
I love wood stoves!


This is an old school house that is on the property of the Mauzy Shops

Look at the electrical wiring back then....AMAZING!
There was also a jail...Ye Ole' Lockup Shop

Isn't that amazing? This was once a real jai
Ice would be stored on this end of the building......

and when it melted, it would come into this room filling the troughs,
keeping everything in it cold
Then it was off to the "Burg!" This is the courthouse
Then we had "chili dawgs" for lunch at Jess'
Then it was on to the Farmer's Markets
~This is The Cheese Place~
This is where I get a lot of my baking supplies, especially my yeast

I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go here! I LOVE IT!
And the people are just so wonderful!

Well, I hope you enjoyed Our Day Out. I wish you could all come with us next time. Now THAT, would be a LOT OF FUN!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a day that I would enjoy. Love that Farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun! Wish I could go! I LOVE that rooster, I collect roosters for my kitchen. I think I feel a shopping trip coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!