Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Date Night

Sorry I have not had a chance to post about our date on Friday. There has just been so much going on here over the weekend. WHEW! lol

Well, as you know, this past Friday My Skippy Man and I had a date. I had almost forgotten what they were since it has been so long since we had one. He bought us tickets to go see Phillips, Craig, & Dean as a belated birthday present. I had never seen them before but absolutely LOVE their music. Ther worship music can leave me speechless!


We started off our evening by going to dinner at FIREHOUSE SUBS in Spotsylvania. It was POURING when we got there so I left the camera in the car so it wouldn't get wet and messed up before the concert. We both had the New York Steamer Sub® - which had Corned Beef Brisket and Pastrami, made famous by the Delicatessens of New York served hot with Provolone, Mayo, Mustard and Italian Dressing. OMGoodness, they were AMAZING, not to mention messy! YEAH!




Phillips, Craig, & Dean, come to find out, are all preachers. How awesome is that? What a love for the Lord they ALL have and it certainly shows in their music. Not only are they on fire for God but they are FUNNY to boot!

Here they were singing about...........a cockroach?
It was HILARIOUS!

Praising God with song!

Such harmony.....BEAUTIFUL!

This was their very first song ever played on the radio. The title.......
"Turn Up The Radio"

This song was about missing those special loved ones that have
gone on to Heaven before us

Hands raised in PRAISE TO OUR GOD!

I MADE Skippy take these last two pictures specifically, when they sang Revelation Song since it has such special meaning to a precious friend of mine!
:> )


On the way home, we stopped at SHEETZ for onion rings, mozzarella cheese sticks, and coffee. The perfect way to end a PERFECT EVENING!
Thank you so very much, my beloved, for such a WONDERFUL evening......


I LOVE YOU!




7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had fun on your date. What a sweet husband you have. :)

    Phillips, Craig, & Dean is great! Their music blesses me so much.

    And Sheetz-their frozen mochas-oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it was such a fun evening, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounded like it was a perfect evening! Your so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful date!! Skippy did well!! Hope you are having an awesome week.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for the comments although I must say it is not me, but my lovely wife who is very very awesome. You are everything to me Laura. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, glad you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love P, C and D. Wish I could've been at that concert!

    How did Skippy get that name?

    Blesings,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!