Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Chewy Cocoa Brownies

My family absolutely LOVES brownies. Before I left my job to become a stay-at-home-mom again, I used to use store bought mixes, but out of necessity, I started making them from scratch. They are not only economical but they are easy to make and taste DELICIOUS!

Skippy and Kiddo love this recipe. They like them a little bit undercooked so they are soft and chewy. I have made them with white and milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, walnuts, and even thin mints to make mint brownies. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!

For this recipe you will need:

1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sicks) butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 350*F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan. (I use a smaller pan to make the brownies thicker)

COMBINE sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into prepared baking pan

BAKE for 18 - 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes approximately 2 dozen brownies

ENJOY!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot, Laura! Just what I needed. A brownie craving to start the weekend. Guess I'll be baking at nap time!

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I usually use a mix but this sounds very easy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for sharing. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give these a try. Brownies are one of my favorites.
    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, brownies are my weakness. Especially when they are just a tad burned on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmm! We like them chewy, too. If you're in the mood for extra rich, try topping a warm brownie with a scoop of ice cream.

    Blessings on your weekend,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so good! I haven't heard Sandi Patti's Masterpiece in so many years. I brought back sweet memories...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Im following over from harriets comment challenge but oh man! Im not sure I should have... my son would love these and so would I but Im on weight watchers and these do not sound like weight watcher brownies... LOL Im sure the butter is lo-cal tho right?

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh how me likie!! Thanks for sharing this, I cant wait to try it, looks de~lish!!! :) Im going to go now and read the seed guide you posted, Ive got a brown thumb! :o/ xoxo LA

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!