Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2010 Seed Planting Guide

Kiddo and I are cleaning up the yard and finishing the raised beds. I need to get some seeds in the ground as I am behind from being sick with that NASTY stomach bug that has been so *kindly* shared with me by my niece and nephew, who were unfortunate to have gotten it from school. Now I am all for sharing, mind you, but I certainly could have done WITHOUT this little gift! The only good thing that has come of it is that I have lost a few pounds. YAY! :> )

So, in the spirit of *sharing* I would like to share a site with you that I just LOVE, The Old Farmer's Almanac. There is so much valuable information available here at the click of a button! Don't you just love technology? I do have to admit though, that there are some days, I wish I DIDN'T have a computer. But then I remember if I didn't, I never would have met all of YOU, my precious friends! :> )

Okay, to find the 2010 Best Planting Dates for Seeds in your area, click HERE. Watch the slide show and wait for the START YOUR SEEDS pic to show up. Click on the seedling and it will take you a chart where you can enter your zip code or your city by name. It will then give you a chart telling you when your APPROXIMATE last frost date is, as well as the ideal time to start your seeds!


5 comments:

  1. Laura, appreciate you sharing the site. Nature is so beautiful. Thank you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Would kiddo and you like to make a road trip to work in my yard? It is a disaster and yes, we have been working in it. HAHAHA!
    Love and hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool...I need to give my yard some serious attention. I'm ready but the weather is not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome, ((((JBR))))!

    Andrea, kiddo and I would LOVE to come and clean up your yard.
    ROAD TRIP!! lol

    Hi, Terry! I hope your weather starts cooperating for you soon!

    Blessings, sweet ladies~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're feeling better Laura!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!