Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Scones

I was visiting Kelli at There's No Place Like Home, when I came across this recipe for scones. I was stopped in my tracks at how delicious they looked. So after reading the ingredients to make sure I had everything, I set out to make them. I have to tell you they were so easy to make and their taste is AMAZING! And they look so pretty on my grandmother's dessert plates. :> )

Thanks, Kelli......this one's a keeper! :> )

For this recipe, you will need:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
10 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salk
8 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

GLAZE:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3 teaspoons orange juice or milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 425F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, 8 tablespoons of sugar (set aside remaining 2 tablespoons for later), baking powder and salt; mix well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened. In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture. (Do not blend completely.) Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.

3. Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes. in small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough juice or milk for the desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm scones. Serve warm.

Thank you, Father, for all of Your provisions. I am so grateful for the food that we have, when so many go hungry!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Laura, I think I just gained 10 pounds!!
    I will HAVE to make some, and just spend a little more time on the treadmill. :)
    Maybe I'll eat them while I'm ON the treadmill. Yeah, that'll work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could chow down the picture. Thank you Laura. Blessings to you on this Sonday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura these look so yummy! Next time my daughter and I have a tea party, I know what I'm fixing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over from heart2heart.

    I love ;your blog. Envious of where you liive. I would to live in the mountains.

    All we have where I live is huge hills.

    I'll be back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's getting printed! It does look easy to make, and LOVE anything with cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's plan to get together, soon. I would love to meet you in the middle or whatever we can work out. I would also love to come up that way when the flowers start to bloom...etc. Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummers! We love scones, and this recipe looks far better than a mix. Thanks so much!

    Hugs,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!