Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Change Of Direction

So many things have happened over the past few weeks that I sometimes feel like my head is spinning and it won't stop. My mind is going in a thousand different directions all at the same time (she says taking a deep breath)!

It has been quite a road that we have been on recently, a road we thought, was taking us into a new chapter in our lives.
God has been in the driver's seat from the very beginning so we knew that our final destination would be where He needed us to be, and not where we wanted to be because honestly....Alabama was NOT where I wanted to be!

I won't say our decision to go this far has been easy an easy one, because it hasn't. I have struggled so hard with the thought of leaving my sister and her family, our church family, and our friends. Plus, we would literally have had to give up our home as well. But what I was struggling the most with was leaving our daughter Goose, our son-in-law Tang, and their precious fur baby, Bailey Boos. We prayed and prayed for God to continue to give us direction and He did. All roads from every angle, pointed us in the direction of Florence, Alabama. We had confirmation after confirmation after confirmation as to where we were being led. After much prayer, I finally had a peace about the whole thing. God, if this is where we are supposed to be...if this is where you are sending us...then YOUR WILL BE DONE! No matter what we have to do, no matter what we have to give up, we will follow you. HERE AM I, LORD...SEND ME!

Well, a day or two before I went to the Deeper Still Conference, Skippy had been praying, "God, if this move is not what You have intended and if this is not in Your plan, PLEASE stop this now before we go any further." The next morning, Skippy got a call from his boss, telling him that the contract with the poultry company in Alabama had been canceled and that he no longer had a job there. Can you believe that? So, guess what................................?

I am having so many mixed emotions right now that I don't know which way is up. I am thrilled, excited, scared, confused, and just amazed. We may be staying put here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, but now, the search will be on full force for Skippy to find a job before this one ends in a few weeks. I am not worrying because I know that our Lord will provide the resources that are needed for us during this time. For wherever God closes a door.....He opens a window.

I truly believe that with our "change of direction" that God has given us, that He has something better for us planned. Something that goes "beyond, beyond" what we could possibley imagine!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Changes and mixed emotions. I hope and pray that all will go well.

    Having that peace and trusting the Lord will be your strength.

    Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,

    I have not been able to read blogs much this past week. you certainly have been going through a lot!

    God does provide, so I will be interested in hearing the next chapter.

    I will pray for you.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!