Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Yummies

Good morning, everyone! A year ago today, I posted this entry. I have had a few requests for this one again, so here it is!


I just love fall and all that goes with it. The cool crisp air, the colors, the smells, the activities.....EVERYTHING! But I think what I love the most about the cool weather seasons is the food....soup in particular. :> ) The crockpots come out in full force and the aroma of my house during the day while dinner is cooking itself is AMAZING!

I have been making taco soup now for over a year and everyone that eats it LOVES it and doesn't go away hungry. I normally make it in on the stove, but today I used my best friend (my crockpot) to make it!

For this recipe you will need:

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes (I used 1 large can)
2 cans navy beans, drained (I used one navy and 1 black)
1 can pinto beans, drained (or you can substitute for another
navy or black bean)
1 can corn, drained
1 can chicken broth
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning (I use the store brand)



Brown meat and onion, drain. Add your diced tomatoes, all of the beans, corn, and chicken broth and stir.





Add the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing packet, stir



Add the taco seasoning packet, stir



Cover and cook on low for approximately 3-4 hours. I put mine on this morning about 11:00. My house smells amazing and if Skippy is going to be late for dinner, it's no problem.....I'll just turn it to warm!

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... That looks so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this looks good! Might be a good thing for the weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!