Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Cleaning Poem

My friend Narly, (that's what Kiddo calls her) sent this to me the other day. I hate to admit that some days....this is very true!

Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work.
I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site.
That I got SO way into it.
I was into it all night.

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess....
While I sit here on my hiney.


10 comments:

  1. Oooooo Laura, I know a lot of us can relate to this cleaning poem. Love it. Thank you dear one for always a supporting attitude. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 31, 2010

    Hi Laura ~ This poem is so true! Thank you so much for visiting my "little space" and sharing your sweet comment! I look forward to my cup of coffee and spending some time to enjoy your postings! Sweet weekend blessings! Hugs ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true that is if we're not careful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 31, 2010

    thank for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect! I hear my kids yapping about who is doing the dishes right now! LOL
    Have a nice weekend!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,
    Thank you for sharing this poem-so true!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Laura! Very true at my house sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, dear, I think a few of us may be guilty of this one! When hubby comes home and the house is a mess, I do sometimes say, "But I did make this LOVELY card!" Fortunately, he is very understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That about sums it up!

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!