Our Precious Grandblessings

Our Precious Grandblessings

With God at the center of our lives, even the simplest of things are infused with peace and joy!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Goodbye, Purple

About 9 years ago, I wanted to paint our bedroom. I wanted Victorian Garnet and Skippy wanted purple. I WON! Then we painted our family room. I wanted a tan color and Skippy wanted purple. I WON! Next was the living room. I wanted eggshell and he wanted....purple. Again, I WON! But then, it was time to repaint the bathroom. I wanted sage green and Skippy wanted purple. As you can see from the next few pics........SKIPPY WON! lol

I have to say at first that I liked it. We had a pretty dragonfly shower curtain with matching shower hooks and bath mat. I accessorized with purple and tan towels that
matched the curtain.




But after awhile, I could no longer see
the dragonflies.
All I could see when I stepped into the bathroom was BARNEY! NOOOOO! lol

I was very thankful that Bean helped me. Even though she only painted a little bit before she ditched me to celebrate her husband's birthday with him. Sheesh.....what's up with that? lol

For my birthday back in February, my sister surprised me with a box full of things for when I painted the bathroom. She was so sweet and gave me a bath
room set in my favorite theme. . . . . OUTHOUSES!



The last time we redid the bathroom it took a few days. Thank the Lord, this time, it has only taken one day so far. All that's left to do is the wood floor! WOO HOO!






I do have to say, that even though I detest painting......I am so glad I did it. I am really happy with the results!

8 comments:

  1. I love it, it is so cute and country looking. Love the shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Laura! Such a pretty country look! I like the shower curtain. Wow-it did not take long at all to get it finished! I really dislike painting too.
    Enjoy your day.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I love the wainscoting on your walls. I do agree, the purple was a bit too Barney-like. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah now it is perfect, love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,

    It's absolutely gorgeous... we've been painting, too. Must be the season.

    Hugs,

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the green much more than the purple! Love the outhouses too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,

    At first I was in love with the purple until I saw the color you painted it and truly fell in love with it. Well done!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love purple and at first I thought NOooooo. dont cover it up. But even I have to admit, it looks great. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME! Pull up a chair and stay awhile......the coffee's on and the door is always open!